Wednesday 19 March 2008

MY First Fibro Musing.

It's been a while since I have blogged, even when I was first diagnosed with Fibromyaligia (FMS) and Hypermobility (HS). I was diagnosed on December 27th, since then life has been a whirlwind of collecting information, handing it to others and telling relevent authorities about it.

My family have been amazing, and have put up many post on facebook* There's nothing better than having family and friends around you. We have an affectionate term in our family for when you are ill/broke/otherwise incapacitated, which my boyfriend doesn't like, but I do! Spacker!

I am taking that word back - I am happy to be a Spack!

My mum and dad are pretty much broken (I do think my dad has FMS but that's another story!) and my sisters have their unhealthy moments, so we are the Spacker Smith Family!
I like it that way, it's nice to know that when you are ill that other people know EXACTLY how you are feeling.



*My sister had suffered for a long time with fibromyalgia before she was diagnosed. She went thro (sic) all sorts before she finally got the answers to the pain she was going thro(sic). Im pleased that she can finally get the treatment she needs. She gets on with her life even tho every day is painful, she hasnt let it break her spirit. I hope people become more aware of fibromyalgia and its effects so more people can be helped.

*Ah, I'll love you no matter how spaccy you get =)

No comments: